This book helps the shopper and the cook identify Asian ingredients and to shop for these in Asian markets.
- Comprehensive chapters with insightful introductions to each food category
- Clear descriptions, background information and suggested uses for each ingredient
- Illustrations of the more exotic Asian ingredients for easy identification
- Names of Asian ingredients in Asian languages
- Advice on shopping in Asian markets
- Tips on understanding the logic behind the supermarket layout
- An outline of the philosophies behind Asian food
- A list of Asian Supermarkets and shopping centres throughout Australia
Whether you are familiar with or learning the cuisine this is an indispensable reference book and shopping with it becomes an adventure. Cost A$27.00. New edition arrives in 2008.